There are two charity walks coming up on Kauai within the next month. Residents and Visitors are welcome to join either one. The first requires a “mutt” but, no problem, you may borrow a dog from the Kauai Humane Society. See my blog at https://honupointvacationrental.com/kauai-humane-society-field-trip/
– Sign up to Strut Your Mutt on the 2.6-mile Waikoa Trail Loop.
– Starting and ending at the North Shore Dog Park, Kahiliholo Road, Kilauea
– All proceeds go to maintaining the Dog Park.
– Saturday, May 19th at 9 AM – 12 PM
– Awards for Dogs who earn $200 or more in sponsorships.
– $35 entry fee requested
– Wear good walking shoes
– All dogs participating in the walk must be leashed.
To sign up, please contact April McGinnis at the Princeville at Hanalei Community Association. Website: http://www.princevillecommunity.com/
The second charity walk coming up is the Hawaii Visitor Industry’s 40th Annual Charity Walk. As you can see from the poster there is a walk on every island. For Kauai it is on Saturday, May 17, 2018, at 7:00 AM. This event raises funds to help finance local community projects. The Kauai Charity Walk supports 60 non-profit organizations on Kauai. All the proceeds raised on Kauai stay on Kauai.
There are two ways to participate:
- Pledge to support a team for the Kauai Charity Walk. Find your team page and click “Pledge to this Team” to register for the walk or simply make a donation.
- Not participating through a team? Participate or donate in the Charity Walk as a general supporter.
Either way, go to http://www.charitywalkhawaii.org/kauai.html to register, donate, or to find out more information.
May 12, 2018
1. Start – Hoolako Street
2. Hoolako Street & Rice Street
3. Rice Street & Umi Street
4. Umi Street
5. Umi Street & Ahukini Road
6. Ahukini Road & Kapule Highway
8. Unnamed Road
WALK START & FINISH
Vidinha Soccer Field
For further information, call the Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association office at (808) 855-5321.The Hawai‘i Lodging & Tourism Association invites everyone of every age to walk. Those under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult and walkers under the age of 18 must have this application signed by a parent or guardian. All walkers should have minimum donations regardless of age (see front of form). Please note that ALL pets are NOT allowed on the Charity Walk.
For more of my blogs, or to subscribe, look at the right-hand side of this page. Mahalo!
Please follow and like us: